Okay, I saw this as a brainstorming prompt on WordPress, and I’m going to answer the question. If I could write the fortunes in fortune cookies, what would they say (n.b. no words of wisdom allowed)?
- Quotes from novels. The front of the fortune would have a quote, and the back would list the novel it’s from and the author.
- Bible quotes. Ha.
- Scientific facts.
- Scientific questions and answers?
- Vocabulary words on the front and definitions on the back.
This is sounding too much like Jeopardy…let’s re-think this through. Come to think of it, what can you say in one line in a fortune cookie that will distract people from their full stomachs?
- Lines from movies?
- Famous quotes by writers, politicians, and the like?
- Jokes? (Uh, NO.)
- Blank pieces of paper?
- Maybe just lottery numbers?
- How about…a puzzle?
THAT”S IT! A puzzle…like a word problem. No, not some pathetic math word problem. A logic puzzle. Something that will make you want to find the answer to it. Each person gets two fortune cookies in the same package, and the answer to each puzzle is hidden in the opposite fortune. Wouldn’t that be interesting? Then again, if this sounds too boring, maybe some of the other notions up there on my lists are better. What do you think? Are they all hopeless, or does this “logic puzzle in one line” make a better fortune than the rest? ‘Cause if you’re clever and have brainpower, you’ll be able to solve it. And if you can’t…then your fortune is pretty obvious, isn’t it?
- You’re now in charge of writing the messages in fortune cookies. Tell us our fortunes. (americanage.wordpress.com)